There’s currently a construction boom, so there’s a lot of contractors and construction companies out there vying for jobs. In any industry, there are good, quality people who produce great work and there are bad, untrustworthy people who don’t finish projects or product shoddy work.
Before you begin working with a commercial contractor, it’s totally normal and essential to the contractor questions before you start a project. Not every contractor will be the right match for your project. You may like a contractor’s work but if he/she has poor communication skills, the process could be a nightmare for you. For you to choose the right contractor for a job, it takes research and time. The more information you gather, the easier it will be for you to choose a contractor – knowledge is power.
As a full-service, Florida-licensed general contractor with extensive experience in commercial construction, we wanted to share some questions you should ask a commercial contractor before hiring them for a project. You want to make sure you’re hiring the right person for the job.
Things to Ask a Commercial Contractor
- How is your business organized?
- Who is the owner?
- What is the history of your company?
- Who will oversee my project?
- How big is your team?
- How long have you been in business? Doing commercial construction?
- Do you have experience with projects like mine? Same scope and size?
- Who designs the job? Is it outsourced?
- Can I have the contact information for past clients?
- What other projects have you worked on?
- How you do manage scheduling?
- What makes your company/construction process unique/special/better than others?
- What technology do you use?
- How many subcontractors do you work with?
- Who are your suppliers?
- How many people will be working on this project?
- Who will be in contact with me?
- How often will I be contacted/updated about the progress of the project?
- Will you give me a timeline?
- What happens if there are delays? How do you handle them? Do you build in time?
- Who will be supervising my project?
- Do you have workers compensation and liability insurance?
- How do you settle disputes?
- What is your payment schedule?
- How soon can this project start?
- Do you provide a guarantee?
- How’s your safety record?
- Do you have a claim record?
- Is your bid an estimate or fixed price?
- Does this project fit your schedule and the type of projects you do?
Use these 30 questions as a guide to help you decide when choosing a contractor. It’s always recommended that you talk to a few different commercial contractors to find one who bests suits you and your project’s needs.
At FGC, Inc., our word is our bond. We believe in doing the right thing, for the right reason, at the right time. We strive to meet this goal daily through relationships with clients and vendors.
Need a Commercial General Contractor in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl?
You need to work with a skilled, talented, quality contractor you can trust – we can offer you that at FGC, Inc. we don’t just provide you a simple bid. We provide you with experience and knowledge every step of the way.
We have extensive experience in commercial construction. Our team provides innovative design and construction solutions to meet your needs and problems. We complete projects on time, and within budget and guidelines – always high-quality work delivered.
FGC, Inc. build commercial spaces in the Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida area. To get started building with us, click our commercial construction in Ponte Vedra Beach contact page or call us at 904-685-6332