It’s the end of the year, which means it is time to forecast what 2019 will bring for the commercial construction industry. Many 2018 trends will carry over into the new year. As a commercial contractor, we at FGC, Inc. understand and believe in the importance of keeping up with industry trends – we keep up with trends, so we don’t fall behind, but also so we are able to give our clients the latest and best options with their commercial projects.
The construction industry continues to change and evolve each year to meet the demands, values, and needs of the world. From new technology advances to “green” building, there are new trends each year. By being “in the know” of these trends, we can better prepare our company and clients for the future.
For this article, we wanted to share with you some of the predicted trends for next year
Major trends predicted for the Construction Industry
- Better construction project management software. It’s becoming easier for contractors to manage projects, change schedules, order products, and more.
- Drone usage will become more popular. Drones will be used to survey an entire site. Drones can reach places a human may not be able to as easily. Drones can also increase safety at the work site.
- Other robots are also being used for certain tedious tasks like laying bricks.
- More green technology will be built into construction projects. More companies are building environmentally-friendly buildings to reduce the carbon footprint.
- Construction projects will also continue to be more sustainable by building structures that run on less electrical, use recycled materials or water.
- More modular and prefabricated construction projects. Modular construction companies can build commercial buildings (office, hotels, etc.) at a faster rate. Modular construction can save contractors a lot of time and money because the units are built in a factory to the project’s exact specifications quickly.
- Material costs will continue to increase. There is currently a decreased supply and a high demand, which is why the costs are still rising.
- There will continue to be fewer workers. There are many positions open, but not enough workers to fill positions.
- There will be better safety equipment, since there has been a rise in accidents and deaths in construction. For example, there are work boots that connect to Wi-Fi that can tell if a person is tired or has fallen. It is believed products like this will eventually become common on job sites. There are also new safety mobile apps created to in increase workplace safety.
- Building information modeling (BIM) is creating and managing a computer-generated plan of a project – it’s a model. BIM can predict if s project will be successful and the costs that go with it. More people are using BIM, which is helping to create better projects.
- Augmented reality continues to grow in popularity. Through a camera lens and software, a contractor can visualize a project before it begins.
Looking for a Commercial General Contractor in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl?
For the most part, the trends for 2019 are promising. These advancements will help contractors save time and money on their projects.
When you work with us at FGC, we incorporate the latest industry trends as best we can. Over time, we continue to integrate more into our daily work. We made the investment in web-based software utilized to track, archive and monitor your project minute by minute. Our system has been used by other companies around the globe to ensure not only a footprint is left but the retrieval of documents can be maintained.
When we work with our clients, we don’t just build a building, we build a relationship with you, which is why we like to be on-top of trends. We want to deliver the best for our commercial clients.
Our team has extensive experience in commercial construction. We build commercial spaces in the Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida area. To get started with building with us, click commercial construction in Ponte Vedra Beach contact page or call us at 904-685-6332