With a building boom, there’s a lot of demand for construction these days, which means there’s a lot of contractors out there bidding for work. In any industry, there are good, quality people and there are bad, untrustworthy people.
If you’re looking for a commercial contractor for a new project, you’re looking for the best. You want a quality project built. Your job is to hire a responsible, respectable, reliable commercial contractor. FGC Is a Florida licensed general contractor serving multiple commercial industries, including retail, medical, industrial, education, food service, hospitality, and many more.
For this article, we wanted to share qualities with you that you should be looking for when hiring a commercial contractor. You don’t want to end up working with someone who isn’t good on his/her promises or who ends up suing you later.
Qualities of a Great Commercial Contractor
- Make sure the contractor is licensed and insured. Unlicensed contractor work is illegal in the state of Florida. An unlicensed contractor can be harder to go after legally. He/she can also sue you if they harm themselves on your property if they are not carrying insurance.
- Thoroughly examine the company’s portfolio to see if their work goes along with your vision. You also want to see if they’ve had a lot of quality, successful projects.
- If you’re hiring a commercial contractor, make sure they have experience with ADA compliance, permits, fire suppression systems, etc.
- Vet this contractor’s references. Find out if the company is good with communication, timelines, budgets, and promises.
- Ask the contractor about their subcontractors and vendors and how they choose them.
- Pay attention to how the contractor interacts with you. Does he/she take time to address your questions and concerns? Does he/she ignore you? Does he/she have poor communication skills?
- Inquire about the contractor’s ability to innovate and keep up with the times. See if there’s anything new he/she would be willing to implement in your commercial project.
- Ask about their safety precautions.
- Find out how your contractor manages projects and how he will communicate with you, his workers, and vendors throughout the process.
We recommend taking to a few different commercial contractors to find one who bests suits you and your project’s needs. The above list are just a few things to keep in mind as you research and meet with commercial contractors. At FGC, our word is our bond. We believe in doing the right thing, for the right reason, at the right time.
Looking for a Commercial General Contractor in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl?
When we work with you, we don’t just build a building, we build a relationship with you. Our team provides much more than a standard general contracting firm. We provide resources to our clients for a long list of needs far beyond our contracted scope.
We have extensive experience in commercial construction. With every project we take on, we provide more than a simple bid to build. We continue to provide experience and knowledge to our clients from inception to completion.
We build commercial spaces in the Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida area. To get started with building with us, click commercial construction in Ponte Vedra Beach contact page or call us at 904-685-6332